What can I do if I disagree with the decision

If we have sent you a decision letter about your claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, you may need to know what you can do if you think our decision is wrong.

If you want to know more about our decision, or if you think it is wrong, contact us within one month of the date of our decision letter.

You can either

  • Ask us to explain the reasons behind our decision and get more information on what you can do next
  • Ask us to look at our decision again; or
  • Appeal against our decision-this can only be in writing. Your appeal will then be heard by an independent tribunal.

Further information is available in the What can I do if I disagree with the decision about my benefit leaflet.

Last Modified: 18/01/2019
For more information contact:

Customer Care Team

Tel: 01495 766430

Email: benefits@torfaen.gov.uk

Back to top