Torfaen County Borough Council makes every effort to ensure the information published on this web site (www.torfaen.gov.uk) is up to date and accurate but cannot accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions. Torfaen County Borough Council reserve the right to make changes without notice.
If you discover any information on our pages which you believe to be inaccurate or inappropriate, please notify us by email or complete the online feedback form.
We are committed to making our online information accessible to all visitors and are striving to adhere to accessibility guidelines. Our efforts include:
- Maintaining a standard layout and navigation structure throughout
- Using headings, paragraphs, lists and other HTML (HyperText Markup Language) to create a logical document structure
- Allowing visitors to resize all text using their browser settings
- Using plain backgrounds to improve the readability of all text
- Using foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast and are not known to cause problems to those with visual impairments
- Using alt attributes and/or titles on all images where appropriate, and ensuring that all alt and title attributes are meaningful
- Ensuring all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text
- Avoiding short-hand language such as 'Click here'
- Providing access keys to allow keyboard navigation to the main areas of the site
- Using a written style that is straightforward and understandable
We are always trying to improve our website. If you have any comments on our accessibility policy, or suggestions about how to improve the site please contact us.
Torfaen County Borough Council makes every effort to virus check information made available for download on this site. Torfaen County Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur from use of downloaded material, we recommend users re-check all downloaded materials with their own virus check software.
Third Party Sites
As a convenience to you, Torfaen County Borough Council may provide, on this site, links to Web sites operated by other entities. If you use these sites, you will leave this site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Torfaen County Borough Council makes no warranty or representation regarding, and does not endorse, any linked web sites or the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that Torfaen County Borough Council, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Torfaen County Borough Council.
Torfaen County Borough Council may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You are advised to visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages on the Torfaen County Borough Council website.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top