Transition into Adulthood

As young people move from childhood to adulthood, they experience a number of changes. This process is called Transition into Adulthood, and it can be a time of uncertainty and anxiety for the young person and family members, especially when the young person has a disability or additional needs.

Some young people aged 13-19 need a Transition Plan to help them with their Transition into Adulthood. This plan is particularly important if the young person needs additional support in school or college, or from Health and Social Services.

To find out more about Transition Planning:

To find out more, download a copy of the Pan Gwent Multi Agency Transition Protocol for Young People with Disabilities and Additional Learning Needs.

Last Modified: 05/12/2018
For more information contact:

Social Care and Housing

Tel: 01495 762200


Back to top