Someone to speak on your behalf
An advocate is someone who supports you to communicate your needs, helps to look at options and can get things done for you.
An advocate will:
- ensure you are heard and receive answers
- work to make things happen and change
- supports you to make choices and to take more control
- work for equal rights and inclusion
- promote positive images.
An advocate will not:
- give you advice
- take control away from you
- act as a referee in arguments or disputes
- take on the role of a social worker
- make up for gaps in services that should be provided.
For general information about advocacy contact Call Torfaen.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top