What to do when someone passes away

We realise this is a very difficult time for you, however when you feel able to do so, please let us know by contacting Customer Care on 01495 762200.

An advisor will take some details from you and will inform the appropriate departments on your behalf. If the deceased person uses social services, the advisor will ask you for additional information:

  • the name of the social worker or social work team if known e.g. community intervention, care management
  • details of any packages of care that were being received, such as meals on wheels, day time activities, personal care
  • whether any specialist equipment e.g. a wheelchair or hoist, needs to be returned (alternatively, you can arrange this yourself by phoning the Disabled People’s Service on 01633 648484)
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
For more information contact:

Social Care and Housing

Tel: 01495 762200

Email: socialcarecalltorfaen@torfaen.gov.uk

Back to top