Communities for Work Plus and Communities for Work
Who are we?
Communities for Work (CfW) is a Welsh Government and European Social Fund programme co-sponsored by Department of Work and Pensions. Communities for Work Plus (CfW+) is a Welsh Government funded programme that acts as wraparound support for the Communities for Work project.
What can we help with?
Both projects work side by side to support those who are unemployed across Torfaen, and those who need to break down barriers to get back into work. Barriers could be anything from childcare to training needs, lack of transport, low confidence and clothing for interviews. All support is tailored for individual needs and support can be offered in a 1:1 setting or through daily work clubs held throughout Torfaen.
Support available includes:
- Access to free work related training opportunities
- Motivation and confidence building
- CV and job application support
- Interview coaching
- Volunteering and work placements
- Essential Skills support
- Support to find paid employment
- Advice for self-employment
Who can we work with?
Support is available to Torfaen residents who are unemployed and looking for work. Our Triage Officers will meet with you to take you through other information we need to see if we can support you. They will also be able to answer any questions you may have and explain what happens if you aren’t able to work with us. Get in touch if you would like a discussion about this.
Where are we?
Our main offices are:
- North: The Corn Bin, Stanley Road, Garndiffaith, Pontypool, NP4 7LH
- South: The Power Station, Blenheim Road, St Dials, Cwmbran, NP44 4SY
How can you get in touch?
There are many ways you can get in contact with us:
Last Modified: 13/11/2019
Back to top