Volunteering with the Play Service
The Play Service is currently looking for volunteers aged 16+ to support our summer playschemes. Your role will entail working as part of a team to provide play opportunities.
The Benefits of Volunteering
- Volunteering has a meaningful, positive impact on the community
- Volunteering can develop new interests and hobbies
- Volunteering is a brilliant way to get life experience
- Volunteering brings together a diverse range of people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Volunteering is ultimately about helping others and having an impact on people’s wellbeing
- Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you make new friends, expand your network, and boost your social skills
- Volunteering can provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction.
- Volunteering gives you the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organisation skills.
- Volunteering is great to put on your CV or university or college application.
All volunteers are entitled to claim expenses £10 per day towards their food and travel.
All volunteers will receive an accredited qualification
All volunteers will be eligible to sign up to Millennium Volunteers.
Last Modified: 15/06/2022
Back to top