Corporate Risk Management
What is Risk Management?
Risk management is about making the most of opportunities (making the right decisions) and about achieving objectives once those decisions are made.
Managing Risk in Torfaen
All organisations face risks or obstacles to achieving their objectives. In order for the council to deliver its vision of Torfaen as a modern successful and cohesive community, we believe that it is vital to:
- Understand the nature of the risks we face
- Be aware of the extent of these risks
- Identify the level of risk that we are willing to accept
- Recognise our ability to control and reduce risk
- Implement action where appropriate
For more information on Risk Management in Torfaen view the:
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top