Yellow bag (Nappies, stoma bags and adult hygiene waste)
Nappy and hygiene waste collection service
Residents with children in nappies, and adults who produce hygiene waste, can apply for a supply of heavy duty bags which will be collected on the same day as your purple lidded bin.
You will need to provide proof of residence in Torfaen (such as a utility bill), as well as a copy of the birth certificate for each child being signed up to the scheme.
Request a nappy or adult hygiene waste collection
What will be collected in my yellow bags?
- Disposable nappies
- All types and size
- Training pants and pull ups
- Swim pants
- Nappy changing waste such as wet wipes, nappy sacks and cotton wool
- Incontinence products
- All types and size of pads, pants and pouches
- Empty catheters, stoma / colostomy bags and tubing
- Disposable chair pads and disposable bed pads, liners and pans
Please contact us if the type of incontinence product you use is not listed above.
What will not be collected in my yellow bags?
- Sanitary waste (sanitary towels or tampons) – please put in the purple lidded bin
- Infectious clinical waste, needles, sharps and syringes, medical or clinical waste - please speak to your local Health Board, district nurse team or call the NHS 111 Service
- Animal waste
- Animal bedding – small amounts can be placed in the purple lidded bin, or might be suitable for home composting
- Plaster casts
- Plasters, medical swabs and dressings - please put in the purple lidded bin
- Soiled blankets and clothing – please put in the purple lidded bin
What day will my bags be collected?
Use our mapping system to find your waste/recycling collection day.
If your yellow bags were not collected we will not return to collect it unless there was:
- Access issues due to road works, major incidents or adverse weather such as snow
- A missed assisted collection
The council will not return until your next scheduled collection for any other reason.
Bags need to be out before 7am on your collection day and placed where your property meets the pavement (or in your designated collection areas).
I need more yellow bags, what can I do?
Yellow bags are available to collect free of charge at:
Last Modified: 12/10/2023
Back to top
- Blaenavon Customer Care, Blaenavon Medical Centre, Middle Coed Cae Road (Monday to Friday 8am – 6.30pm)
- Noddfa Church, Abersychan (call 01495 448902 for opening times)
- Trac 2, Trevethin Shops, Trevethin (Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm)
- Civic Centre, Pontypool (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Panteg House, Greenhill Road, Griffithstown (call 01495 763605 for opening times)
- The Coffee Bar, Woodland Road, Croesyceiliog (Monday to Friday 9am-3pm)
- The Threepenny Bit Community Centre, Greenmeadow (call for opening times 01633 869227)
- CoStar Hwb, 2 Fairwater Square, Fairwater Shops (Monday to Thursday 9.30am - 4pm, Friday 9.30am -1.30pm)
- Cwmbran Library
- Household Waste Recycling Centre in New Inn