What goes in the black box?
The weekly black box collection is for all your household rubbish that can be recycled. Please label your box.
- Cartons (Fruit Juice, Children’s Drinks, UHT Milk/Milkshake, Soup)
- Catalogues and telephone directories
- Clothes, textiles and paired shoes (please bag)
- Empty aerosols (no spray paint of industrial aerosols)
- Foil (clean)
- Food tins and drink cans
- Glass jars and bottles
- Newspapers, magazines and junk mail
- Plastic (e.g. yoghurt pots, ice cream and margarine tubs, microwave food trays, detergent bottles, plastic lids)
Please squash bulky items and rinse all recyclates
No Thank You
- Broken Glass
- Disposable Nappies
- Plastic Bags
- Polystyrene, plastic film, cling film
- Toys, flower pots, seed trays, coat hangers, crisp packets
- Wrapping paper
What happens to my recycling?
Paper is used in newsprint, plastic is turned into sheeting and pipes, tins and cans go towards everything from cars to roller blind systems. Glass gets processed back into glass bottles and textiles are sorted and sold as clothes in the UK and overseas. The remainder is used for cleaning cloths and sound proofing.
What day will my box be collected?
Use our mapping system to find your waste/recycling collection day.
I have too much recycling for my black box, what can I do?
We can provide you with a second box. To request a new bin/black box/blue bag complete the online form or call 01495 766608.
If your box was at the collection point by 7.00am on the day of collection however has not been emptied, please let us know immediately by completing the report a missed collection online form and we will make arrangements to collect it as soon as possible.
Last Modified: 07/12/2017
Back to top