Advice when hiring a bouncy castle/inflatable play equipment
All inflatable structures should be controlled and operated by a reputable company, and the following questions should be part of the event risk assessment.
1) What is the inflatable’s PIPA tag or ADIPS certificate number?
PIPA is an inspection scheme set up by the inflatable play industry to ensure that inflatable equipment conforms to recognised safety standards.) You can find more information and check details at www.pipa.org.uk.
ADIPS is the Amusement Device Inspection Procedures Scheme ensures amusement devices are regularly inspected and certified as safe for use by competent persons. You can find more information and check details at www.adips.co.uk.
2) When was the equipment last fully inspected?
3) Can I see the current PIPA certificate for this equipment?
4) Will you carry out the daily checks on the equipment as required by manufacturer’s operations manual and in section 7.1.1 of BSEN 14960?
5) Is the equipment clearly marked as to its limitations of use for example maximum user height etc.
6) Are you a member of a relevant association (AIMODS, TIPE or BIHA)?
7) Can I see a copy of your Public Liability Insurance?
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top