Schools Desktop Support Analyst - Monmouth Comprehensive School
Last Modified: 27/08/2021
Back to top
- £24,982 to £27,741 Per year
- Shared Resource Service
- 27 August 2021 15:08:00
- Closing Date:
- 09 September 2021 12:00:00
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 15th September – this will be a morning or afternoon interview – you will be notified which one
The Schools Desktop Support Analyst role will be based in Monmouth Comprehensive School, Monmouth. It will be part of an established SRS Education Service which covers schools across Monmouthshire, Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent and Newport. The role is of a technical nature covering desktop support but also requires excellent communication skills to liaise with schools providing support and advice and will be a valued member of Monmouth Comprehensive School.
As a successful Schools Desktop Support Analyst, you will:
- Provide 1st/2nd line support to teachers, support staff and pupils in Monmouth Comprehensive School;
- Have experience of desktop support;
- Have some experience of network troubleshooting;
- Provide escalation to 3rd line where necessary;
- Strive to meet and exceed Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance targets;
- Have a good working knowledge of IT hardware and software;
- Have an excellent communication style meeting the needs of different levels of understanding in providing support and advice to schools;
- Work and adapt to both working within a team and individually.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 8am until 4pm with a 30-minute lunch break, or as amended by the school to meet service need.
The SRS is a collaboration of five public sector organisations ICT departments with Torfaen County Borough Council as the lead employer.
For an informal discussion regarding this vacancy, please contact Joe Harris by email email@example.com or by phone on 07985 710789.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and Gwent Police Vetting which will need to be met before the post can be offered.
- Qualifications / Experience:
- Formal qualification with 6 months’ proven experience in an area of ICT or 2 years’ equivalent work experience in the area of ICT - Essential
- Understanding and experience in customer care to deliver services effectively and efficiently - Essential
- Ability to analyse information and formulate action plans to deliver ICT services - Essential
- How to apply:
You are welcome to submit your application in English or in Welsh. Each application will be treated equally.
Download a copy of the Job Advert, Job Description and Application Form here.
Please e-mail completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Torfaen County Borough Council strive to be a fair, supportive and effective employer. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The Council expects all employees, paid or unpaid, to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 12 Noon Thursday 9th September 2021
- Job Reference:
© Copyright 2021 Torfaen County Borough Council