Pupil Development Grants
The Welsh Government has introduced a grant to assist families on low incomes for the purchase of:
- School uniform including coats and shoes;
- School sports kit including footwear;
- Uniform for enrichment activities, including but not limited to, scouts; guides; cadets; martial arts; sports; performing arts or dance;
- Equipment e.g. school bags and stationery;
- Specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology; and
- Equipment for out of school hour trips such as outdoor learning e.g. waterproofs.
The funding is available to pupils who attend maintained schools and are eligible for free school meals (not transitionally protected – please see the Free School Meals section of our website for further information) or are looked after, entering:
- Reception in September 2019
- Year 3 in September 2019
- Year 7 in September 2019
- Year 10 in September 2019
- Pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupil referral units in the above age groups
Funding of up to £125 is available for each eligible learner with the exception of those in Year 7. Eligible learners in Year 7 will be entitled to a maximum of £200.
Payments will be issued based on automated eligibility checks and these checks will be carried out on a regular basis. The payment will normally be made in to your bank account, we may need to contact you to obtain this information.
If you become eligible during the financial year or have any further queries, please contact the Benefits Team on 01495 742291 or 742377.
Last Modified: 02/08/2019
Back to top