Free School Meals
The Social Security Act 1986, means that the Council can provide Free School Meals (FSM) to children whose parents or who themselves are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income-related Employment Support allowance
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
Pupils entering reception year and year 7 that are in receipt of Free School Meals as of September will also be entitled to a clothing grant. Pupils will be identified via the Council’s database and payments sent out automatically. If we do not currently hold your bank account details to be able to make payment we will contact you for them.
Application forms for FSM are available from schools or you can download an application for free school meals here.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top