Active Young People Programme
What is our Active Young People Programme?
Our Active Young People programme is about getting active for at least 60 minutes, 5 times a week although it doesn’t have to be all at once! A 10 minute walk to school, a 20 minute kick about, taking part in the daily mile and a half-hour bike ride will do.
But before you ask, no it doesn’t include time on your x-box or watching footie!
Our Active Young People programme is all about having fun and trying out new things, like Dance (street, hip hop, contemporary), Basketball, Trampolining, Dodgeball, Football, Climbing… and it can be done in school. Before the bell goes first thing, when you’ve gobbled your sarnies, or when the others have sloped off home, any time! It’s all about you. You choose your activities, and your school’s Active Young People's Officer will do their best to make it happen.
Diwygiwyd Diwethaf: 10/03/2020
Nôl i’r Brig
- Increasing opportunities for participation
- All sports are inclusive and aimed at all abilities
- Link with primary school active young people programmes. (Was Dragon Sport)
- Provide sustainable activities
- Provide volunteer training and CPD
- Delivered by qualified active young people deliverers