Families First - Torfaen Family Support Programme
Who are we?
The Torfaen Family Support Programme is a voluntary Early Intervention and Prevention service, that works together with children, young people and their families to overcome challenges, to bring about positive change.
We seek to provide holistic, whole family support to build on your strengths, as well as providing appropriate support for your needs.
The Programme is funded by the Welsh Government.
We also have strong links with Aneurin Bevan Health Board. We have a SPACE-Wellbeing (Single Point of Access for Children’s Emotional Wellbeing) Co-ordinator that is part of the team, who processes requests for Health commissioned services such as, CAMHS, Primary Care etc.
Working collaboratively with our Partners in Health means that we are able to offer an holistic package of support to the child/young person and family.
What can we help with?
Torfaen Family Support Programme supports families who need help and is available for all families. The type of support you could get depends on your families specific needs, which will be drawn out via the Family Support Assessment.
We can help with:
- assessing the needs of your family and putting together support to meet these needs
- coordinating support from different agencies, forming a TAF (Team Around the Family)
- arranging support if someone in your family has a disability
- advising on specific projects/services that can help your families specific needs
Examples of what we can support with:
- Family relationships
- Behavioural support – direct sessions/Parenting
- Building School and Community Links
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Healthy relationships
Please refer to our Family Support Assessment for all areas which we can help with.
Who can we work with?
Any family that resides in Torfaen, with children aged 0-18 that provides consent.
Where are we based?
We have commissioned teams based throughout the Borough:
- Civic Centre, Pontypool
- Bron Afon
- Cwmbran ICC
Contacting the team
For more information about the ‘Team Around the Family’ contact:
Last Modified: 15/04/2021
Back to top
- General Enquiries – TAFCoemail@example.com
- North Torfaen (postcode starting NP4) – 01495 742827
- South Torfaen (postcode starting NP44) – 01495 742854
- TAF Co-ordinator – 01495 766972