Financial Support for Businesses
Torfaen benefits from the highest level of assistance under the European Union’s Structural Fund Programmes, giving businesses access to a number of financial support schemes.
The Torfaen Economy & Enterprise Team can aid and identify your individual business needs for funding and financial assistance. Through funding streams provided by ourselves or through other financial aid bodies such as Welsh Government, Finance Wales or Xenos, the team is able to offer advice and guidance every step of the way.
- Business Start -up Loans - Torfaen Economy & Enterprise and Gateway Credit Union are working together to offer sole traders in Torfaen a Business Start-up Loan. Other loans are also available from Gateway Credit Union for Torfaen businesses.
- Tourism Investment Support Scheme - The Tourism Investment Support Scheme is available for the purpose of upgrading the quality of facilities and increasing capacity for both existing and new tourism businesses.
- Community Economic Development Programme - The Community Economic Development Programme aims to build sustainable and vibrant communities through the development of community based organisations, who generate income through trading and have a legal structure and social objectives.
- Other Funding Streams - such as Repayable Business Finance; SMARTCymru - Research, Development and Innovation; Innovation Vouchers; Overseas Business Development Visit Support and investment via Finance Wales.
Businesses that are looking to re-locate can be inspired with confidence knowing that they could benefit from specialist support from:
- the Welsh Government
- Inward investment companies
- Loans and venture capital via Finance Wales
- Angel investors through Xenos
For further information visit the South Wales Business website.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top