Support for people affected by Dementia
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top
- We are the first Dementia Friendly library service in Wales and all our staff are “Dementia Friends”
- Pictures to Share’ illustrated books. A selection of beautiful, powerful and amusing images and words that provide a starting point to conversation and reminiscence.
- ‘Therapeutic’ shared reading sessions delivered in library and community settings
- Read to Me Service - shared reading on a 1:1 basis delivered by volunteers in peoples’ homes .
- The Health & Wellbeing Information and Support Service provides a listening ear, a community resource and a starting point to access services
- Carers Collection, a selection of titles to assist carers in their caring role and also to take care of themselves These items have been gathered from several areas of the library including health & well being, building self-esteem, beauty, cookery & spirituality.
- Regular family history sessions.
- Dementia-friendly community room at Cwmbran Library (available for hire)
- Coming Soon, Memory Bags - for loan to people with memory loss and dementia and their carers. When shared with carers, these bags will contain items to generate communication, reminiscence and discussion.