Mic Morris Torfaen 10k
The annual Mic Morris Torfaen 10k road race takes place on Sunday, 16 September, 2018.
The race begins in Blaenavon and follows a downhill, closed road route to the finish line in the beautiful surroundings of Pontypool Park.
All runners are chip timed and will receive a Tech T-Shirt and goody bag. The race is suitable for all runners and athletes with disabilities. The minimum age for entrants is 15 years old.
- Affiliated - £18.00
- Unaffiliated - £20.00
- Affiliated with transport - £26.00
- Unaffiliated with transport - £28.00
To enter visit www.eventbrite.com
The race has a number of categories:
- 1st Jnr female and male aged 15 - 19
- 1st senior female aged 20 - 34
- 1st senior male aged 20 - 39
- 1st veteran female aged 35- 49
- 1st veteran male aged 40 - 49
- 1st master female aged 50 - 59
- 1st master male aged 50 - 59
- 1st grandmaster female aged 60 plus
- 1st grandmaster male aged 60 plus
- 1st female and male athlete with a disability
All profits from the Race will be donated to the Mic Morris Memorial Sporting Trust Fund. Mic Morris was a police officer and brilliant British international middle distance runner from Pontypool who died aged just 24 years during a training run in 1983. The trust fund was set up between Gwent Police and Torfaen Council to raise money for Torfaen’s elite young sports people, specifically for young people aged 11 to 21 who live in Torfaen.
For more event information or to enquire about sponsorship, call Christine Philpott on 01633 628936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A full road closure will be in place for the event and roads will be closed from 8am until 11:30am.
The main roads that will be closed along the race route are:
- A4043 Cwmavon Road from the junction of Prince Street and New William Street in Blaenavon to Old Road in Abersychan
- Old Road
- Limekiln Road
- Freeholdland Road
- George Street
- Mill Road
- Hospital Road
- The northern section of Osbourne Road to its junction with Riverside
- Park Road leading up to Penygarn Road
Side roads will not be formally closed but no vehicles will be allowed to access the route during the race. Access for the emergency services will be maintained at all times.
Anyone who whose travel or caring responsibilities will be affected by the closures should contact Torfaen’s sports development team on 01633 628936.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top