Advance Youth Dance Company
Advance Youth Dance Company is a new training opportunity for young dancers (14 – 19 years) from Torfaen, Bridgend, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Merthyr, RCT and the Vale of Glamorgan.
- is a year-long programme of monthly training days
- is open to young dancers who are already actively engaged with dance in any style (eg. ballet, contemporary, modern, urban styles)
- is open to young dancers, 14 – 19 years
- will focus on contemporary dance technique and skills
- will select up to 20 young dancers •must be in addition to members regular activity and involvement with local dance classes and youth groups
- commenced in May 2013
It is hoped that, with the benefit of this additional training opportunity, young dancers may gain future access to the NYDW Step Up development programme and/or to the NYDW Company and ‘Perform for Wales’.
What is contemporary dance technique? And what else is involved?
It’s a series of dance exercises that strengthen and develop the body for dancing – focusing on alignment, body-awareness, breathing, control, posture – all with the aim of improving and enhancing dance in performance. It’s a basis upon which the dancer develops the skills, strength and tools for dancing and performing.
For details about the next round of auditions contact 029 20265 060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (with ‘aDvance’ in the subject line), with your name, address, telephone number and mobile number, email address and date of birth.
This programme is a partnership between seven UAs and National Youth Dance Wales (NYDW), with funds from the participating authorities and Arts Council of Wales.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top