An organisation is defined in legislation as meaning “An organisation concerned with the care of disabled persons to which a disabled persons badge may be issued”.
Organisational badges will therefore only be issued to an organisation which:
- Cares for and transports disabled people who would meet one or more of the eligibility criteria for an individual blue badge
- And has a clear need for an Organisational badge rather than using the individual blue badges of people it is transporting
The disabled people under the Organisations care should meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge:
- Person receiving the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Person receiving War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
- Person entitled to special grant aided adapted vehicle
- Persons who are registered blind
- Persons who have a permanent and substantial disability and are unable to walk, or have considerable difficulty in walking
Where relatively few people meet the eligibility criteria for a badge in the Organisation, it would be preferable for the disabled person(s) to apply for the badges, rather than have one issued to an organisation. This then allows the holder to use the badge in any vehicle in which they are travelling.
A badge will be issued to an organisation if they have vehicles licensed under Disabled Passenger (DPV) taxation class. It is unlikely that taxi or private hire operators and Community transport operators would be eligible for an Organisational Blue Badge, as they are not usually concerned with the care of disabled people who would meet one or more of the eligibility criteria.
Badges will be issued to the organisation or department and not to named individuals.
Applications can be made using the Blue Badge Organisational Form.
In order to process your application we will need the following:
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top
- Copy of Tax exemption regarding DPV, or a letter of confirmation from the DVLA (if applicable)
- Copy of Company logo (will be transferred onto the badge)
- £10.00 administration fee - this is non refundable