Mental Health Strategy
Partners in Gwent have worked together over the past 2 years to develop an integrated strategy for mental health for the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen.
The strategy was formally launched on 1st February 2013 and has 8 main priorities:
- Aim 1 - Communicate and work alongside service users, carers, staff and communities on the planning, monitoring and provision of mental health services
- Aim 2 - Develop a wide range of services that support community well-being
- Aim 3 - Enable the provision of a wide range of accommodation options
- Aim 4 - Ensure services based in the community offer support, advice and where necessary assessment and treatment within this environment
- Aim 5 - Provide specialist services that are available to people where and when they need them.
- Aim 6 - To facilitate an appropriate response from across organisations to the needs of people with dementia.
- Aim 7 - To ensure the best use of mental health resources.
- Aim 8 - To work across the 6 organisations to establish a set of rules and a structure that supports our working together, to plan and deliver excellent mental health services (governance).
Download a copy of the Integrated Mental Health Strategy for the Communities of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport & Torfaen here.
A copy of the Gwent Mental Health and Learning Disability Local Partnership Board Annual Report can be downloaded here.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top