Why carry on?
Types of jobs and careers are changing. It is unlikely that you will be in the same career or workplace for the rest of your life. You will find it necessary to change jobs several times during your working life. You might choose to start a radically different career. Whatever happens, you need to be well placed to deal successfully with continuous change.
Throughout Britain there are:
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top
- Very few jobs not touched by information technology
- Very few jobs available to people without qualifications
- An increasing demand for people who are able to deal effectively with members of the public
- The need for people who are able to work as part of a team, solve problems, take responsibility and show initiative
- More people who are setting up their own businesses
- People working in flexible patterns such as part-time or on temporary contracts