Multiply is a new UK Government funded programme to help adults improve their numeracy skills.
Improving an individual’s numeracy could help them achieve a number of goals ranging from:
- Increased confidence in managing a budget and taking care of money
- Improving confidence with numbers in everyday life
- Helping out with their child’s homework
- Understanding recipes and making a food shop go further
- Accessing new job opportunities or further learning
Who’s it for?
Our free Multiply courses are for anyone living in Torfaen County Borough over the age of 19, and do not already have a GCSE at grade C, or equivalent, in Maths.
If you are looking to boost your confidence in numeracy in your home or work life, the Torfaen Multiply team is here to help.
This project is funded through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
Courses available through Multiply
- Be your own Boss (an introduction to becoming self-employed)
- ESOL Language of Maths
- ESOL Language for Handling Money
- GCSE Maths revision
- Preparing for Work
- Introduction into Self-Employment in the Hair and Beauty sector
- Introduction into Nail Enhancements
- Introduction into Shaping and Colouring the Brows
- Employment and Skills Support
Budgeting and Cooking
- Cooking on budget – making your money go further
- Ditch the Ready Meals - Multiply your homemade meals
- Introduction to Air Frying
- Multiply your confidence with money, budgeting and saving
Children and Families
- Number Tots - Parent and Toddler sessions
- Family Number Fit
- Maths for Parents
- Preparing your child for GCSE Maths
Health and Wellbeing
- Lunch and Learn – informal maths-based learning, lunch provided
- Number Fit (adults only)
- Multiply your DIY Skills
- DIY for Women
- DIY for Lone Parents
- Mesmerising Maths Art & Crafts Activities
- Willow Weaving
To register your interest on any of the above courses please complete the expression of interest form.
Multiply expression of interest form
Last Modified: 20/02/2024
Back to top