Torfaen Funeral Service
The Torfaen County Borough Funeral Service was introduced in June 2017 in recognition of the increasing problem of funeral poverty across the UK.
It is only available to residents of Torfaen and provides the following basic but dignified funeral service:
- Collection of the deceased within the Torfaen area
- Provision of a light or dark oak veneered coffin
- Furnishings and fittings
- Dressing of the deceased
- One viewing in the chapel of rest (Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm; by appointment)
- A hearse and one limousine
- The delivery of a dignified funeral service
The fee for the above is for the funeral director’s services only which is £1300 and is agreed to 31 May 2020. Any disbursements (including the cemetery or crematorium fees, hygienic treatment, order of service, minister/church fee, obituary, flowers, additional limousine etc) will be in addition to the funeral directors fee.
The above Funeral Service is provided by:
Michael G Ryan Son & Daughters Ltd
106 - 108 Malpas Road
City of Newport
Tel: 01633 854522
Fax: 01633 858851
Freephone: 0800 093 4746
You can discuss this option by either telephoning Torfaen Cemeteries Office on 01495 766150 or the Funeral Director on the above details.
Last Modified: 18/01/2019
Back to top