PN068 - Marketing Privacy Notice
The wording in this document reflects the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from the 25th May 2018.
TCBC Service Area: NSPPP
Work area: Skills and Employability
Contact Details: Angela Price
Privacy Notice Name: Adult and Community Learning Marketing
Data Controller: Torfaen County Borough Council, c/o Civic Centre, Pontypool, NP4 6YB
If you wish to raise a concern about the handling of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer on 01495 762200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice is intended for ACL learners who provide their consent for their data to be used so that we can contact them about other learning opportunities.
Have we sourced your personal data, directly from you?
What information does the Council collect about you?
The Council collects and processes a range of information about you. In relation to this privacy notice the data being processed includes:
- Personal Identifiers: such as Name, Unique Learner Number and an ACL issued identification number;
- Your contact details
- Data relating to the activities you undertake with the ACL service such as course details, dates, attendance and qualifications entered and attained.
The Council may collect this information in a variety of ways:
Your data was collected from you by our staff through the application forms and other paperwork you complete. Data about the qualifications you attain may have been collected from the awarding bodies of those qualifications.
We will store your data:
We hold the original paper copies of the data in secure filing and also an electronic record in a secure internal database accessible only to a small number of authorised staff.
Why does the Council process your personal data?
We need to process this personal data to offer you suitable and relevant additional opportunities for learning with us. You have given us your explicit consent to use this data for this purpose.
Special categories of personal data:
We do not process any special category data in connection with our marketing
Who has access to your data?
We will not share the data we hold under this notice with any third party.
Is the Data transferred out of the EEA?
How does the Council protect data?
The Council has internal policies in place to ensure the data it processes is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. Furthermore data is not accessed by employees except in the performance of their duties.
Where the Council engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions. These third parties are also under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate measures to ensure the security of data.
How long does the Council keep your data?
The Council will hold your personal data only for the period that is necessary and will follow organisational and Local Authority standards in this area.
We will keep your information in line with our Local Authority retention schedules. The ACL service operates a 3 year retention policy for learner data.
Are we making automated decisions/profiling with your data?
You have a number of rights you can exercise:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require the Council to change incorrect or incomplete data
- under certain circumstances you can require the Council to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- to know the period of time that the data will be stored for
- the right to data portability
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
- to be informed of the potential consequences of if you fail to provide data to the Council
- to be informed of the existence of any automated decision-making, including profiling and the consequences of this for you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Neighbourhood Services Planning and Public Protection, Angela Price email@example.com
Last Modified: 17/07/2023
Back to top