Welcome to Ty Glas y Dorlan
Ty Glas y Dorlan (The Kingfisher) in Thornhill Cwmbran is a Torfaen Council and Bron Afon Community Mutual collaboration which will be opening Autumn 2021.
It is a multipurpose wellbeing hub where a warm, friendly welcome, will always be available for guests, tenants, the community, professionals, people visiting and the general public.
- Ty Glas y Dorlan will offer support to all adults over 18 years of age and those just below transitioning into adulthood
- Ty Glas y Dorlan will have 6 top floor flats for long term let tenancies
- Ty Glas y Dorlan will have 13 short stay flats for guests to discover the art of the possible in terms of independence
- Ty Glas y Dorlan will have sessional support for those who do not wish to stay overnight
- Ty Glas y Dorlan will offer all those who want it information and advice about wellbeing, social and community support
If the question is "how can I, as an individual be
- given the right opportunity:
- at the right time; and
- in the right way
- with encouragement, support and enablement to develop and maintain the skills that matter to me
- to live the life I want to live as independently as is possible in my own home
after being in hospital, after experiencing an illness or a life changing event, or to support my care givers in supporting me"
- then Ty Glas y Dorlan is for you.
The hub will provide an approachable friendly space to recover, with that hotel feeling. A place that is more than a building, that will enable you to build confidence, through independence. A creative sociable space within which to reach out and develop connections and friendships. A place where trying new things and making the most of opportunities is encouraged and celebrated. A place where you can’t fail as learning to do things a different way is how we roll. You can do this, together with your caregiver or separately before returning to your own home.
Ty Glas y Dorlan will also offer short mini breaks with activities and entertainment directed by the guests at the hub for the chance to recharge and "get away from it all" with friendship groups, people with the same interests, or singularly or with caregivers too.
For those who choose to stay with us, care and support will be onsite 24/7 with access to Occupational Therapists, Physio Therapists and other enablement solution focused professionals throughout the day.
Last Modified: 23/07/2021
Back to top