Built by the Hanbury family around 1770 and renovated around 1831, the Folly was used as a lookout for local hunts and as a summerhouse for the family. It has commanding views over the surrounding countryside. The last tower was demolished by the RAF during WW2 due to its closeness to the Ordnance factory at Glascoed. Rebuilt by public subscription by the community of Pontypool the Folly Tower was officially opened by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1994. Access to the Tower is through a field which may be muddy and contain livestock. All dogs must be kept on a lead. The Tower may not be open to the public, please check before walking up if specifically intending to visit.