- Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work
- Guard against all risk of fire
- Leave all gates and property as you find them
- Keep your dogs under close control, preferably on a lead as there may be other animals along the route
- Keep to public paths
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences, hedges and walls
- Leave livestock and machinery alone
- Take your litter home
- Help to keep all water clean
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees
- Take special care on country roads.
Advice for Walkers
To get the most enjoyment from walking and exploring Torfaen’s varied countryside, making use of an ordnance survey map is strongly recommended. The countryside can change rapidly and way-markers can easily be missed.
Ensure that you wear appropriate clothing and sturdy footwear, as some sections of the Trail could be muddy and slippery.
Last Modified: 21/01/2019
Back to top