The Forgotten Landscapes Project
Forgotten Landscapes is a four year partnership project, the focus of which is the development of the Blaenavon area as an internationally recognised visitor destination.
Forgotten Landscapes is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Welsh Government. The project area is centred on the uplands around the Blaenavon Industrial Landscape World Heritage Site and covers an area of over 27 square miles.
The programme of project activities includes:
- Protecting the area’s rich industrial heritage
- Conserving the common land and the wildlife of the heather moorland
- Improving access to and telling the story of this world important industrial landscape
- Engaging with the local community and raising their awareness of the heritage on their doorstep
- Developing formal education programmes for schools and colleges
- Providing opportunities for volunteering and training
- Holding events that help celebrate what the Forgotten Landscapes have to offer
Contact details for the Forgotten Landscapes team are provided below. If you are interested in finding out more get in touch by email or call in and see us at the Blaenavon World Heritage Centre.
The Forgotten Landscapes Team
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top
Blaenavon World Heritage Centre