Bulky household items
Please consider donating first
In some cases your old furniture can be removed for FREE if it is in good condition and can benefit someone else. For more information contact Circulate Furniture Recycling on 01495 793187.
Alternatively, you can take your unwanted household items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre in New Inn, Pontypool. Opening times are available in the Household Waste Recycling Centre area of the website.
Torfaen County Borough Council operates a Bulky Collection Service for larger items of household waste such as furniture and white goods at a cost of £29 per collection for up to 3 items. Extra items are then charged at £7 per item. We collect up to a total of 8 items in one visit.
What type of material will the service collect?
We will collect:
- White goods - freezers, cookers, washing machines
- Small electrical items - hoovers, televisions, computers, printers
- 3 piece suites
- Beds, bases, mattresses, wardrobes, dressers, sideboards
- Dining suites, tables, chairs, desks
- Internal doors, carpets, linoleum, step ladders
- Prams, pushchairs
- Slides, swings, paddling pools
- Garden furniture, rotary lines, wheelbarrows, lawnmowers
We will not collect:
- Windows or wooden window frames, glass, guttering
- External doors, garage doors
- Bathroom suites
- Boilers, oil tanks, storage heaters, radiators, agas, rayburns, fire surrounds
- Builders rubble, kitchen/bathroom tiles
- Sheds, greenhouses, fencing, gates
- Car components
Please note, any heavy items e.g. large wardrobes must be dismantled by the householder prior to the collection taking place.
How does the collection service work?
If furniture is not suitable for re-use we will collect it for a charge of £29 for 3 items (please note the charge is non-refundable). The items will be transferred to the Household Waste Recycling Centre for recycling where possible.
We will arrange for a collection on a suitable day for you.
All items must be placed outside, in plain view, before 7.30am on the day of collection. Please do not put the items out for collection until the day the collection is due, as it may cause an obstruction. Items will not be collected from inside the property.
You can request a bulky household items collection here or by contacting Call Torfaen on 01495 762200.
Last Modified: 13/03/2023
Back to top