Volunteering with the Play Service
The Play Service is currently looking for volunteers aged 16+ to support our summer playschemes. Your role will entail working as part of a team to provide play opportunities.
The Benefits of Volunteering
- Volunteering has a meaningful, positive impact on the community
- Volunteering can develop new interests and hobbies
- Volunteering is a brilliant way to get life experience
- Volunteering brings together a diverse range of people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Volunteering is ultimately about helping others and having an impact on people’s wellbeing
- Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you make new friends, expand your network, and boost your social skills
- Volunteering can provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction.
- Volunteering gives you the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organisation skills.
- Volunteering is great to put on your CV or university or college application.
All volunteers are entitled to claim expenses £10 per day towards their food and travel.
All volunteers will receive an accredited qualification
All volunteers will be eligible to sign up to Millennium Volunteers.
You must be available to volunteer from Monday 22nd July 2019 until Friday 23rd August 2019.
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th April 2019.
Last Modified: 17/01/2019
Back to top