Contacting Social Care

If you would like to get in contact with Social Care and Housing, please contact 01495 762200 or email

Social Services Emergency Out of Hours Services

Social services provide an emergency service out of hours.

This service deals only with emergency situations that cannot wait until the next working day.

Please call us if:

  • a child or young person is in urgent need of protection from harm
  • a parent, foster carer or child needs emergency help, advice or support
  • a carer or a vulnerable adult (those with mental health problems, physical or learning disabilities or older people) is in urgent need.

We cannot help if:

  • the situation can wait until the next working day, without risk of harm
  • it is a working day. We are not available so please contact 01495 762200
  • it is a medical emergency – you must phone your GP or an ambulance.

More information is available in the leaflets:

If you have used the service and wish to make a complaint, express appreciation or make a suggestion, please read the leaflet:

Last Modified: 05/12/2018
For more information contact:

Social Care and Housing

Tel: 01495 762200


Back to top