Contacting Social Care
If you would like to get in touch with Social Care and Housing, please contact us on either of the following:
We are open:
- 8:30am - 5:00pm - Monday - Thursday
- 8:30am - 4:30pm - Friday
We are closed on Bank Holidays.
Out of Hours Social Services Support
South East Wales Emergency Duty Team
Social services provide an emergency service outside of normal working hours. This service deals only with emergency situations that cannot wait until the next working day.
Call - 0800 3284432
When the Emergency Duty Team can help
- a child or young person is in urgent need of protection from harm
- a parent, foster carer or child needs emergency help, advice or support
- a carer or a vulnerable adult (those with mental health problems, physical or learning disabilities or older people) is in urgent need.
We cannot help if
- the situation can wait until the next working day, without risk of harm
- it is a working day. We are not available so please contact 01495 762200
- it is a medical emergency – you must phone your GP or an ambulance.
Who can use the Service
People Living in the Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen, who require emergency help from social services, whether they already receive our services or not.
When is the Service Available?
The Service operates whenever the other social services offices are closed.
Last Modified: 22/05/2023
Back to top
- Monday - Thursday - 5:00pm - 8:30am
- Friday - 4:30pm until 8:30am the following Monday morning
- Bank Holidays and weekends - 24hours