Other Cycle Routes
Travelling right through the heart of Torfaen the Afon Lwyd Trail links to many other routes and attractions
Last Modified: 21/01/2019
Back to top
- Route 49 - From Pontymoel to Llanfoist follow route 49 along the Monmouthshire and Brecon canal for spectacular views of the Usk Valley and the Black Mountains.
- Route 88 - Outstanding ride alongside the river Usk right into the heart of the Roman town of Caerleon
- Heads of the Valleys - This route is not short of a hill or two, but the views are well worth the effort. Perfect for the more experienced cyclist looking for an invigorating 2-wheel adventure. There are also some fabulous traffic-free family friendly sections around Abergavenny and Brynmawr
- Celtic Trail Route 47 - is a spectacular traffic free ride all the way to the Taff Trail via the amazing 14 locks, Hengoed Viaduct and the 3 country parks of Sirhowy, Penalta and Taff Bargoed. For a challenging mountain bike adventure follow route 47 westward from the Taff trail to Neath!
- Route 466 - A route for more experienced cyclists to Crumlin and the western valley joining route 492 at Pontypool. Go north from Llanhilleth on route 465 to see the imposing Guardian!
- Route 423 - A route for experience cyclists with strong legs. Ride the rolling hills to Monmouth via the pretty market town of Usk