Cycling Code of Conduct
- Keep safe, be courteous and enjoy Torfaen’s cycling routes.
- The routes have been designed to encourage people to enjoy the countryside of Torfaen by cycling, walking or horse-riding
- Remember they have been designed for shared use by cyclists, walkers, wheelchair users and, in parts horse-riders.
To all users
- Please be considerate to other users’ particularly young families and people in wheelchairs.
- If you are walking with a dog please keep it under close control and clear up any mess.
- Please proceed at a walk when passing other users.
- Please do not expect to use the route at high speeds
- Be prepared to slow down or stop if necessary
- Be careful at junctions, bends and entrances
- Give way to walkers, wheelchair users and horse riders
- Remember that many people are hard of hearing or visually impaired – don’t assume they can see or hear you
- Carry a bell and use it – don’t surprise people
With the exception of disabled carriages, motor vehicles of all kinds are strictly prohibited from using the Torfaen cycling routes.
Last Modified: 21/01/2019
Back to top