Posted on: Friday 17 September 2021
The Project Team are working determinedly with Civica Pay to resolve the on-going problems with the new Cashless Catering System and the Civica Pay Education Payment Portal, which continue to affect some schools and parents/carers.
We appreciate these issues are causing an inconvenience but we want to reassure you that the team are doing all they can with Civica to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.
The issues we reported last week which may still be affecting you are:
- Free School Meal (FSM) eligibility dropping off the cashless till system at some schools - This was due to an internal date setting within the system. Our advice continues to be "please do not worry" your FSM eligibility has not been affected and you don’t need to contact the Council or School as our team know who is eligible and are correcting the situation. Unfortunately, this is taking longer than anticipated for some schools, but please be assured that your child will receive a meal and your child’s account will be corrected very shortly.
- Technical problems making it difficult for the central catering team to investigate balance enquires - Whilst the root cause has been identified it’s taking longer than was first thought to resume full system functionality. In the meantime, if you have emailed to enquire about a balance on your child’s account, please be assured that all enquiries with be dealt with and all parents/carers will receive a full response as soon as we are able. Contact email for school meal balance issues is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration requests for new starters - Issues have been resolved and parents are receiving registration requests from schools. Parents who are yet to receive registrations are advised to contact the school their child attends. However, where schools are still waiting for parent/carers to return contact information for pupils, this will delay registrations as the schools do not have all relevant information. If you have received a form requesting contact preferences at your child’s new school, please can you complete and return to the school as soon as possible.
- Auto Top-Up payments stopped working on 31st August - This has been confirmed as a technical fault by Mastercard Payment Gateway Services. Unfortunately, parents are being affected along with other Civica Pay customers nationally. Parent/carers who have subscribed for auto-top ups need to be aware that the service has not automatically topped up since 31st August. Parents/Carers are advised to log into the Civica Pay parent portal to:
- Check your child’s school meal balance
- Switch off the auto top-up
- Use Add Funds to make a payment
Please be assured that the team and Civica Pay are dealing with this issue as a top priority with Mastercard
Unfortunately, a new issue has emerged this week in relation to failed card payments and an increasing number of declined payments. This again, has been confirmed as a technical fault by Mastercard Payment Gateway Services and is affecting Civica Pay customers nationally and regrettably a lot of our parents. Mastercard give assurance that any funds taken which are not showing against accounts in Civica Pay will be refunded. We do not have a timeframe for this yet, but the team will advise parents when this will be actioned. If parents are concerned about payments being taken when in fact they were advised of a decline, please email email@example.com
The project team will keep everyone updated as soon as they can, and would like to thank everyone for their patience and co-operation.