Posted on: Friday 8 January 2021
To complement home learning already taking place with schools, from Monday 11th January Torfaen Play Service will be providing additional resources and activities online for families to take part in at home.
Focussing on the concept of learning through play, a program of daily activities will be posted on the Torfaen Play Facebook page – Chwarae Torfaen Play and will run until schools return.
Families will be able to tap into the online resource as and when they wish around their own home school learning timetable.
The following activities will be posted daily:
- 9.30am - Get Active with Dan and Justin – daily work out and exercise regimes
- 10.00 am - Early years / Foundation stage – Letter games and story time (Little Listeners)
- 10.30 am - Animal Magic- Facts and information on animals for all ages
- 11.30 am - Outdoor Games/ Nature Activities
- 12.30pm - Dance with TJ the Bear
- 1.30 - Fun with numbers – games which help develop number skills
- 2.30pm - Arts and Crafts Ideas
- 3.30pm - What’s the Story? – Stories for older children ( a modern take on Jackanory)
- 3.45pm - Joke of the day
Executive Member for Children, Families & Communities, Councillor Fiona Cross said: ‘Play is an excellent learning tool for children of all ages, allowing them to learn in a fun manner.
Normally, we run over 100 play related projects each year and engage with hundreds of children and families on a weekly basis through our provisions.
With the current situation, it is integral that children play as it has so many benefits for both their physical and mental health.’