Posted on: Monday 26 October 2020
Once again Christmas is upon us and our thoughts turn to the children and young people of Torfaen who are experiencing poverty or have no contact with family.
The Santa Appeal donates gifts to children and young people who would otherwise miss out at Christmas time.
This year’s Santa Appeal will open on Monday 2 November 2020 and will close on Friday 11th December 2020. (no donations can be accepted after this date)
The Torfaen Santa Appeal is run by Torfaen Social Services and has been a tremendous success in previous years, thanks to the generosity of all those who have participated.
To donate a gift please call 01633 647539 between Monday – Friday, 9.00am - 4.00pm, and you will be given a name, an age and a reference number of a child/young person.
These details must be attached to the donated gift which we ask to be left unwrapped.
You can also donate non-perishable food to make up hampers for young people aged 16 and over who are living alone.
Once your gift is ready you can to deliver it to one of our drop off points across the borough. Due to Covid restrictions, no donations will be accepted outside of these dates:
TYPSS, The Studio, Oldbury Business Estate, Cwmbran NP44 3JU.
- Tuesday - 17th & 24th November – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Tuesday - 1st & 8th December – 9.00am – 5.00pm
Cwmbran Shopping Centre, Customer Services Desk (By Specsavers/Wilco)
- Thursday 26th & Friday 27th November – 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday 3rd November & Friday 4th December – 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday 10th December – 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Civic Centre, Glantorvaen Road, Pontypool, NP4 6YN
- Tuesday 24th November – 9am- 4pm
- Tuesday 1st & 8th December – 9am -4pm
Garnsychan Partnership, 55 Stanley Road, Garndiffait, NP4 7LH
- Thursday – 19th & 26th November – 11.00am -3.00pm
- Thursday – 2nd & 9th December – 11.00am -3.00pm
Co-star, The Threepenny Bit Community Hall, Cwmbran, NP44 4SX
- Tuesday – 17th & 24th November 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Tuesday – 1st & 8th December – 10.00am – 2.00pm
Executive Member for Children, Families & Communities, Cllr Fiona Cross said: 'We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the general public and companies in recent years. I would like to thank you all for your kindness.
This year, more than most, we could all give a little more, especially to those who would normally go without. Please support this initiative that has put a smile on so many young faces since its conception.'