Posted on: Monday 6 July 2020
Important Covid-19 information and advice for employers and employees is now available on the Healthy Working Wales website.
The site brings together a raft of information from UK Government, Welsh Government, Public Health Wales and NHS Direct Wales to help signpost businesses to the relevant guidance.
It includes sector specific guidance for those working in retail, manufacturing, food and meat packing facilities, sports and recreation, animal businesses, creative industries, forestry businesses and tourism.
Further sector specific guidance documents are soon due to be published on other sectors which include offices and call centres, construction and staff who work in other people’s homes, as well as the use of vehicles at work.
General information for employees includes:
- guidance on returning to the workplace and travelling to work
- how to request an isolation note to give to your employer if you have been advised to self-isolate by a contact tracer, have coronavirus symptoms, are in a support bubble with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus or live with someone who has symptoms.
- pay and loss of earnings
- health and wellbeing advice
- if you are shielding
Additional advice and guidance is provided for employers, including:
- how to communicate the Test Trace Protect strategy, with a toolkit involving printable and digital posters, social assets and an explainer video
- the need for enhanced routine cleaning procedures and hygiene at work
- measures that employers can take to help limit the spread of the virus
- assessing the needs of lone workers/employees working from home
- risk assessments on the appropriate level of Personal Protective Equipment
- shielding of employees or household members
- how to check an isolation note is valid
- canteens and rest areas
- grants and funding schemes for businesses
Leader of Torfaen Council, Councillor Anthony Hunt said: “In order to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic and provide up to date information to employers in Wales, Healthy Working Wales has compiled a range of important links to Covid-19 resources for employers and individuals/employees.
“There is a great deal of information available, but it can often be difficult to find – this site contains all the relevant guidance with new guidance added as it is produced.
“We urge employers to ensure they are up to date with the latest information and to inform their staff of where they can access relevant information.
“While restrictions are being eased, it is crucial to follow the national guidance to ensure our workplaces and customers are kept as safe as possible.”
For more details visit the Covid-19 information and advice for employers and employees on the Healthy Working Wales website.