Posted on: Tuesday 7 April 2020
From Friday 10th April, the Early Years Childcare Hub at Garnteg Integrated Children’s Centre, based at Garnteg Primary School will extend its opening hours for key workers and vulnerable children.
Sessions will be available 8:30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday for 2-4 year olds and for a maximum of 8 children per session.
Childcare can be booked on a weekly basis.
This provision will continue to be available over Easter and thereafter, to support parents who are critical to the Coronavirus response.
Please remember this childcare is currently only available for key workers as set out by the UK government:
- Health and Social Care
- Education and Care
- Key public services
- Local and national government
- Food and other necessary goods
- Public safety and national security
- Utilities, communication and financial services
Eligibility for pre-school childcare support is:
- Single parents who are employed as specific key workers
- Where both parents are employed as specific key workers
- Parents/carers must bring official photographic identification, NHS ID badge, or a letter from their employer to show they are a key worker with them to initially register their children and every day when they drop their children off – failure to do so will mean we will not be able to accept your children that day. The key workers must bring their child to the setting.
- Please complete the registration form where you will be asked to share information with us that will ensure we can keep your child safe.
- You will be asked to nominate a minimum of two people who can pick your child up – in case you cannot. Please ensure anyone you nominate has photographic identification that is government issued like a driving license or a passport, warrant card or NHS photo ID.
- Children will not need to bring food unless they have specialist dietary requirements – free breakfast and snacks will be available.
- The setting will be operating a safe secure environment, trying to ensure social distancing guidance.
- Anybody with symptoms of Coronavirus – a persistent cough and/or high temperature – must not enter the premises, and anybody that displays symptoms during the day will need to be collected.
In order to register your child please contact: EarlyYearsABSHub2@torfaen.gov.uk or call Freephone: 0800 019 6330.
The Garnteg Integrated Children’s Centre is located at Garnteg Primary School, Hillcrest, Garndiffaith, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 7SJ.