Working Skills for Adults 2
The project is available through Torfaen County Borough Council (Lead Sponsor), Caerphilly County Borough Council, Blaenau Gwent Aneurin Leisure Trust and Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council.
Working Skills for Adult 2 is aimed at increasing low-skilled workers earning potential in Torfaen and South East Wales. The scheme has been supported by the European Social Fund for a number of years and is currently funded until the year 2020.
Working Skills for Adults 2’s primary focus is to help individuals to progress from low-skilled work into better paid employment, develop new skills and acquire vocational qualifications that their current employer does not offer - with the ultimate goal of achieving a well-trained workforce.
Where Working Skills for Adults 2 operates
- Torfaen County Borough Council
- Caerphilly County Borough Council
- Blaenau Gwent Aneurin Leisure Trust
- Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
Who is it for?
Working Skills for Adults 2 is available to all residents living in Torfaen who are employed or self-employed, aged 16 and over. To secure support from the Working Skills for Adults 2 team you can only be qualified up to a level 2 qualification or below.
What can it offer you?
Working Skills for Adults 2 provides opportunities to improve the skills and the employability of local residents.
- One to one support
- A dedicated Employment Support Worker who will help you on your journey
- We will help you identify your barriers to better paid employment and provide you techniques to succeed in getting the job role you want
- Industry recognised training, accredited qualifications and local opportunities
- Supported job searching, CV writing, cover letter drafting and personal presentation skills in preparation for interviews
- Free vocational courses such as: - Food Hygiene in Catering, POVA, First Aid (CPR), CSCS, COSHH and Dementia Awareness to name but a few
- Transferrable skills courses such as STEPS for confidence, interview skills to give you practice and Mindfulness to help you develop techniques to overcome your hurdles
- Additional support ranges from walking groups, exercise classes to help with your physical capability and coffee mornings for informal chats about the courses.
- Financial support with childcare*
- Financial support with transport*
*Eligibility assessed and is not guaranteed
What makes Working Skills for Adults 2 so important?
The current job market in the UK is a competitive one, this makes finding sustainable employment much tougher for those who have been in a low skilled, low paid work for a long time. Skills need to be updated, confidence may need building and continued professional development may have been unobtainable for many reasons. Support can make a real difference to a person’s employment opportunities and we ask you to get in touch to see how we can help you.
For more information call 01633 647743 or alternatively email email@example.com
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top