Nurture Equip & Thrive (NET)
The operation will address underemployment across 5 Local Authorities in South East Wales (West Wales and the Valleys). Through a collaborative approach, the operation aims to engage, support and prepare employed individuals with work limiting health conditions and / or other barriers to gain sustainable employment.
The target participants will align with key Target Groups as described in the operational Programme for the European Social Fund in West Wales and the Valleys, namely:
- Participants Employed, including self-employed with work limiting health condition or disability.
- Underemployed Participants with barriers to full employment.
Participants will be guided and supported to stabilize and improve their employment within the local labour market. This will be achieved through a series of interventions. Participants will be supported by team of key workers who will be involved throughout the participant’s journey and to nurture and progress participants through the series of interventions to bring them closer to employment.
Develop a range of activities to build confidence, raise motivation levels and develop knowledge to sustainably engage and improve their situation in the job market. Activities and interventions include:
- Job Brokerage
- Careers Advice
- Equip participants with transferable skills such as becoming competent at job application form completion and good interview techniques.
- Encourage participants to actively take part in job search activity.
- Support participants (including in partnership with other agencies) with WLHC and disabilities to improve and manage their health situation.
- Support participants to remove barriers such as by providing childcare and transport solutions, and to thrive in the labour market.
The primary aim is to support these individuals to develop the skills required to make a successful transition into sustainable employment.
For more information, please contact Torfaen Employability Team on 01633 647743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurture, Equip, Thrive has been part-funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government. The project is currently funded until 2022.
Last Modified: 23/03/2020
Back to top