Bridges into Work 2
Bridges into Work 2 is a project for people who are seeking sustainable employment in Torfaen and South East Wales. The scheme has been supported by the European Social Fund for a number of years and is currently funded until the year 2020.
Bridges into Work 2’s primary focus is to help individuals into employment, inspire self-confidence, nurture self-reliance, develop new skills and acquire vocational qualifications with the ultimate goal of achieving sustainable paid job.
Where Bridges into Work 2 operates
- Torfaen County Borough Council
- Caerphilly County Borough Council
- Blaenau Gwent Aneurin Leisure Trust
- Bridgend County Borough Council
- Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
Who is it for?
Bridges into Work 2’s employment support is available to Torfaen residents who are economically inactive, long-term unemployed and aged over 25 who live in non-Communities First areas.
What can it offer you?
Bridges into Work 2 provides opportunities for improving an individual’s employment prospects by providing support in the following areas:
- One to one support to help find work
- A dedicated Employment Support Worker who will help you at every stage of your journey
- Industry recognised training, accredited qualifications and local opportunities
- Supported job searching, CV writing, cover letter drafting and personal presentation skills in preparation for interviews
- Free vocational courses such as: - Food Hygiene in Catering, POVA, First Aid (CPR), CSCS, COSHH and Dementia Awareness to name but a few
- Soft skill courses such as STEPS for confidence, interview skills to give you practice and Mindfulness to help you develop techniques to overcome your hurdles
- Additional support ranges from walking groups, exercise classes and coffee mornings
- Financial support with childcare*
- Financial support with transport*
*Eligibility assessed and is not guaranteed.
What makes Bridges into Work 2 so important?
The current job market in the UK is a competitive one, this makes finding sustainable employment much tougher for those who have been out of work for a lengthy period time. Skills may need to be updated, confidence may need building and sometimes having additional support on-hand makes a real difference to an individual’s prospects.
Bridges into Work 2 know how hard it is to find the right job but they also know it can be done.
For more information call 01633 647743 or alternatively email email@example.com
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top