Private Sector Housing
Torfaen County Borough Council is responsible for the enforcement of private sector housing standards within Torfaen.
- solving problems in private rented housing and carrying out assessments under The Housing Health and Safety Rating System to ensure that any residential premises provides a safe and healthy environment for any potential occupier or visitor
- providing advice for landlords and private sector tenants
- dealing with public nuisances such as dirty premises, noxious premises, accumulations of rubbish in gardens, smell nuisances and nuisances from animals kept on premises
- dealing with empty properties
- dealing with defective private drains and sewers
- dealing with landlord harassment or unlawful eviction
Who is the service for?
The service is available to all private sector tenants and owner occupiers. For further information or advice, contact the Public Health Team or download the attached documents:
Registration and Licensing
Landlords are now required by law to be registered or licensed.
A new law has been introduced in Wales which applies to all landlords and agents of private residential property. If you own, rent out, manage and/or live in a rented property then this law will impact on you.
To find out more view the Rent Smart Wales - are you complying? page.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top