Registered Social Landlords

Registered social landlords are the main providers of social housing.

Registered social landlord (or RSL) is the technical name for a social landlord who is registered with the Housing Corporation. Most RSLS are housing associations, but there are also trusts, co-operatives and companies.

RSLs are run as businesses but they do not trade for profit. Any surplus money is ploughed back into the organisation to maintain existing homes and to help finance new ones.

Torfaen transferred its housing stock to Bron Afon Community Housing Limited in March 2008. Bron Afon was set up specifically to own, manage and improve the former council homes.

There are other registered social landlords in Torfaen, some of whom provide specialist accommodation, e.g. Melin Homes provides apartments under an Extra Care scheme for older people at Ty George Lansbury, Cwmbran

Useful Contacts

Bron Afon

Tel: 01633 620 111

Melin Homes

Tel: 08453 101102

Charter Housing

Tel: 01633 212375

Hafod Housing Association

Tel: 02920 779841

Linc Cymru

Tel: 02920 473767

Last Modified: 05/12/2018
For more information contact:

Bron Afon Community Housing

Tel: 01633 620111


Back to top

In this Section