Fostering Opportunity - Torfaen's MIST project
We are looking for new or experienced foster carers to join our existing service providing long-term therapeutic support to looked after children and young people, their families and carers. We are a dedicated, passionate team of professionals championing family-based placements for the most vulnerable children and young people needing high levels of emotional, social and educational support.
MIST – Multi-disciplinary Intervention Support Team - brings together professionals from Social Services, Education and Health, and the scheme is currently managed by Action for Children.
We can offer you:
- Intensive wrap-around support
- High levels of supervision, regular face-to-face consultations and guidance
- A 24/7 on-call service from the team, providing individualised support
- A generous financial package - MIST therapeutic carers earn between £17K and £22K depending on experience and qualification and, in addition, generous weekly maintenance grants are paid in respect of the young person placed
- Excellent training opportunities to learn and develop skills, strategies and understanding
Be part of a team that provides:
- Unconditional positive regard, belief, understanding and a values led service
- A secure, warm and reliable family environment to support the building of trusting relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of how trauma can affect development
Could you be a MIST Therapeutic Foster Carer?
- Do you have a spare room?
- Are you already a Foster carer, or would you like to be one?
- Do you think you have the skills and passion to provide children with the opportunity to grow and develop in a family environment?
For more information about becoming a MIST foster carer, please contact either Alison James on 01495 766693 or Jennie Welham on 01495 764680
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top