#20Reasons Fostering Campaign
Torfaen County Borough Council has launched, #20Reasons, a campaign to encourage people within their local area to consider fostering.
Torfaen County Borough Council is one of eight local authorities who have joined forces to create #20Reasons. The campaign uses real foster carers and their motives for fostering to inform and inspire more families to consider looking after a child or young person.
The 20 reasons to foster range from making a difference to a child’s life by giving them a sense of love, belonging and security; to being part of building a positive future and; helping to keep a child in their local area so they can stay in school and near their friends.
All types of foster carers are needed but particularly those who would consider fostering teenagers, therapeutic carers, respite carers, emergency carers, sibling groups and children with additional needs.
Here are #20Reasons to foster in 2020:
- You can help a child who’s had a difficult past
- You’ll help build positive futures
- You can help a child reach their full potential
- Fostering is amazing and rewarding
- Meet other caring people - just like you
- You can make a difference locally
- Choose which type of fostering is right for you
- Help keep a child in their school
- Develop new skills and gain qualifications
- You’ll make a difference that lasts a lifetime
- It’s a different way to grow your family
- Become part of our fostering community
- You’ll be a positive role model
- Kindness feels good
- Local children and young people urgently need a home
- You’ll help build a child’s confidence
- You can change career
- You’ll give a child a chance in life
- Fostering gives you new perspectives
- You’ll give a child a sense of belonging
If you’ve been thinking about fostering or would like more information call 01495 766669.
Last Modified: 15/01/2020
Back to top