Circle of Security Group
Who is it for?
A group for Mums and Dads with children between 4 months and 4 years. It gives you a new way of thinking about your child and identify their cues that tell us what they need from us that makes them feel loved and cared for.
- Each session is 2 hours and takes place over 9 weeks.
- A crèche is provided.
What are the benefits?
- You can meet other new mums and dads and be able to share your journey with them and make new friendships.
- Helps you understand children’s behaviour as communication.
- Find the need that lies behind certain behaviour and how to respond in a kind, supportive way.
- Support your child to understand their feelings.
- You can provide your child with the building blocks for a healthy emotional future.
- Identify your ‘Shark Music’ which enables you to remain calm when behaviours are overwhelming.
- Know when to provide comfort and protection but to also give them space to explore to help develop their own character.
- Know how to repair the relationship when you and your child become upset.
- An increased bond with your child as you learn to understand them and what they need.
- Experience support from other mums and dads that are experiencing parenthood like you.
- It’s a safe and confidential space to talk without being judged.
- You will feel more confident and feel happier.
Last Modified: 19/01/2023
Back to top
- “I think the group would be helpful to all parents, regardless of their children’s ages or needs or their specific life experiences. I went into the group thinking that I already understood attachment and had a positive relationship with my children and therefore probably wouldn’t benefit from the course, and have been blown away by how much I have learnt and the fundamental change in perspective that it has given me."