Partnership Framework to Improve Outcomes for All Children and Young People in Torfaen
What is the Partnership Framework?
The Partnership Framework to Improve Outcomes for All Children and Young People in Torfaen (Framework) sets out a two year vision for all children and young people in Torfaen. It takes into account every aspect of their lives from pre-natal to 25 years. This Framework is the key strategic statement of how the well-being of children and young people will be improved between 2015 and 2017.
How can I get a copy?
The Partnership Framework 2015-2017 is available to download here.
How was it developed?
To develop the Framework the Children and Young People’s Improvement Board went through the following stages: They:
- identified and adopted the outcomes relevant to children and young people included in the Local Service Board Single Integrated Plan Torfaen Together;
- reviewed the Children and Young People’s Plan 2011-14 and determined which, previously agreed, outcomes needed to be carried forward to the new Framework;
- consulted with partners about the content of the Framework and amended it accordingly;
- identified a wide range of outcome indicators that will help measure the success of the Framework in delivering outcomes for children and young people;
- looked at current levels of performance against those outcome indicators and identified those which are achieving well and those where Torfaen is underperforming;
- built on existing delivery arrangements and included plans to develop a new approach focused on early intervention and prevention.
The result of this process was:-
- The development of the Partnership Framework to Improve Outcomes for All Children and Young People in Torfaen 2015/17. The Framework is designed to deliver the legacy of the previous Children and Young People’s Plan 2011-14 and to provide a forward look to improving outcomes for children and young people focused more on earlier intervention and prevention.
- Progress will be reviewed annually and action taken as necessary. The Framework initially covers the period up to the introduction of the Welsh Government’s new Well Being Planning Framework in 2017.
The previous Children and Young People's Plan covering 2011 - 2014 can be accessed in the archived documents area of the site along with other relevant background papers.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top