Children and Young People's Improvement Board Structure
The Welsh Assembly Government expects local authorities to take the lead in driving forward partnership working that puts in place effective integrated services for children and young people.
The structure for the Board has evolved in line with the development of the Partnership Framework to Improve Outcomes for All Children and Young People 2015/17. The structure is underpinned by the seven core aims identified by the Welsh Assembly Government and adopted from the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the work streams associated with developing the new strategic focus for early intervention and prevention. These groups make up the Joint Planning Structure and will provide professional advice to the Children and Young People’s Improvement Board.
Core Aims and Torfaen Joint Planning Groups
- Core Aim 1: All children and young people should be born healthy into a secure and supportive family.
- Core Aim 2: All children and young people should be able to fulfil their potential as learners.
- Core Aim 3: All children and young people should be healthy and secure individuals, free from exploitation by others.
- Core Aim 4: All children and young people should be able to participate in activities regardless of their skills and abilities.
- Core Aim 5: All children and young people are able to have a say in all decisions which affect them and have an understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
- Core Aim 6: All children and young people will be safe and emotionally well supported within their home and local community.
- Core Aim 7: All children and young people will thrive and become confident and caring people regardless of their family’s income.
A diagram of the Joint Planning Structure is available to download.
The Torfaen Children and Young People’s Improvement Board has responsibility for developing and overseeing the implementation of a strategic plan to improve outcomes for children and young people. The Partnership Framework to Improve Outcomes for All Children and Young People 2015/17 which is the key strategic plan for how the lives of all children and young people aged 0-25 living in Torfaen can be improved. The Framework can be viewed here.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top